I have had a bit of feedback about the blog, and so I am going to try and tell you who everyone in it is, so that it's not so confusing to read! I really did not think so many people would read it, which is wonderful, and no wonder you don't know many of the people I have been talking about!
The team from UK consisted of:
- Vikram Devaraj - consultant plastic and reconstructive surgeon from Royal Devon and Exeter hospital (RD&E).
- Woan-Yi Chan - registrar in plastic and reconstructive surgery from RD&E.
- Karen Devaraj - Vikram's wife and administrator for Interface Uganda.
- Alex Devaraj - Karen and Vikram's son - medical student.
- Bex Devaraj - Karen and Vikram's daughter - journalist.
- Jackie Fowler (myself) - physiotherapist at RD&E, Interface Uganda fundraiser and website editor.
The Hodges live in Kampala:
- Andrew Hodges - consultant plastic and reconstructive surgeon at CoRSU hospital, Kampala.
- Sarah Hodges - anaesthetist - soon to be working at CoRSU - she has just finished working at the International hospital in Kampala.
- Andrew and Sarah have lived in Uganda for many years. We met them when Andrew did his plastics and reconstructive surgery training at RD&E around 10 years ago. They founded 'Interface Uganda' charity in 2001.
- Naomi (21) and Rachel (16) - Andrew and Sarah's daughters. They also have a son (Sam), but he was working in Kenya, so we did not see him.
- Annette is their helper - she helps with meals, cleaning and washing. She is a brilliant chef.
Staff at CoRSU:
- Malcolm Simpson - CEO of CoRSU.
- George Galliwango - plastic and reconstructive surgeon at CoRSU. He came to RD&E for some training around 10 years ago, and Andrew was training him in Uganda. He is now the first qualified Ugandan plastic and reconstructive surgeon.
- Darius Balumuka and Martin Tungotyo - plastic and reconstructive surgery trainee surgeons. Interface are helping with some of their training needs.
- Christine Tusiime - head of physiotherapy at CoRSU. She came to stay with us for 3 weeks in 2005, and spent time with the physio's at RD&E.
- Stanley Lubega, Musa Kyanzi, Fildah Nakiganda - physiotherapists at CoRSU.
- Florence - physio assistant at CoRSU.
- Isaac Abor - Occupational Therapist (OT) at CoRSU.
Physiotherapist at Kagando hospital:
- Ochom Kenneth Pascal.
Our neighbours at the guest house:
- Resty, Francis, Joan and Linda.
I think that is everyone, but I can add to it if I find any more!