Monday 17 June 2013

It's imminent!

So, after many years of hesitation, and full of trepidation, I'm finally off to Uganda on Sunday!  Luckily for me, I'm going with lovely people, some of whom have been before - Vikram, Karen, Alex and Bex Devaraj, and Woan-Yi Chan.  We are going to Kampala for the first week (staying with Andrew and Sarah Hodges) and working / teaching at CoRSU hospital.  For the second week, we are visiting a more rural hospital in Kagando.  
Thank goodness we are allowed 2 suitcases!  This one is already full with splints and material for the physio and OT department at CoRSU.  The other one is rapidly being filled with toys and craft / school equipment for 'Hands for Hope' charity in Namawongo - a poor, informal urban settlement in Kampala.  Hopefully there'll be a little room for some clothes!
So this is the start of my 'blog' - hopefully there will be some interesting stuff to tell you about - that is if I can get internet access!  If not, I'll do it when I get back.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck to the whole team, we'll be following your trip - if you have internet access!
    Sarah & Pete (friends of the Ds!)

    ReplyDelete